Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ferguson Response


I don’t agree with Andrew Ferguson that blogs are self-perpetuating, parasitic news organisms. Blogs are a way to express your feelings, opinions, and muses in a unique perspective.

I mean, I understand where Ferguson is coming from. If someone blogs about something without having valid affirmation or research to back them up, then it may come across as parasitic. But, as long as the reader understands that the blog represents the author’s own perspectives, which is not necessarily completely factual or unbiased, it shouldn’t in any way be detrimental to society.

It is unfair to say that someone who is not an accredited news professional writing about their own opinions and perspective in the news is parasitic, since distinguished news sources have biased opinions and constantly make mistakes and misinterpret current affairs themselves. In fact, some accredited news sources that we use every day, such as The Huffington Post or Techcrunch, are actually blogs (but we don't even realize it).

I personally believe that a blog is just another source of information that should be considered in the context of its perspective. Overall, blogs are a fun and fulfilling way to express opinions.






Image Source:

"Blogs - Google Search." Blogs - Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Sept. 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment